Talybont on Usk is a Brecon Beacons mountain bike hub for local cycle and mountain bike trails and has four routes running through the village ranging from green to black. As well as a challenging 34 km trail, the Pontsticill Crossover, and an intermediate level ride through Talybont Forest, there’s also a shorter, more gentle “Tramway” route which is very popular with families. For the less adventurous or for those just wanting a more gentle route you can cycle along the canal towpath to Brecon, ideal for all the family.
With the Taff Trail running directly in front of this self-catering property, exploring the stunning Brecon Beacons on two wheels couldn’t be easier. You are also only around half an hour car ride to Bike Park Wales and the Black Mountain Cycle Centre.
If you don’t want to bring your own bike with you, there are plenty of options for hiring cycles in the area.
The School Annex offers storage for bikes and has hose down facilities.
- Bike Park Wales
- Bikes & Hikes, Bike Hire & Guides in Talybont
- Biped, Bike Hire
- Black Mountain Cycle Centre
- cyclebasket.com, Great local shop for spares, accessories and advice
- Drover Holidays, Bike Hire & Guides with drop off/pick up service
- MTB Brecon Beacons, Bike Hire, Guides & Information
- Treads and Trails, Mountain Bike Guiding