We aim to cater for the needs of all our visitors in our self catering accommodation. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call or email and we will endeavour to help.
- There is a train station in Abergavenny which is 17 miles from Talybont-on-Usk, 25 minutes by car.
- You can call for a taxi from the Station: 01873-858597, 01873-854140
- The bus station is about 1 mile from the train station and a bus service runs from here to Talybont on Usk. The service is the X43 and runs Mon-Sat every two hours from 10am through to 1750.
- The bus stop in Talybont-on-Usk is a 3 minute walk to the The School Annex up a steep hill over a canal lift bridge and dropping down on a tarmac lane with no pavement to the property.
- We have a full website with on line request form, photos and information.
- Good directions are sent prior to arrival
- We aim to respond to any email or on line requests within 24 hours.
Arrival and Car parking
- There is shared parking for 2 to 3 cars on a paved and flat parking area at the front of the Schoolhouse
- Access to The Annex is through the shared garden with flat lawn and paving stepping stone path to the courtyard. The parking area is about 10m from The Annex courtyard and entrance.
- There is external lighting activated by motion sensor at night.
- We aim to personally be there to meet and greet and show all visitors in to the property and explain the heating and facilities. Should this not be possible, the key will be in a secure key box with a code which will be given to visitors prior to arrival.
Courtyard and Entrance
- The courtyard is a paved area with the kitchen and main living entrance off it.
- There is a step up to enter both the kitchen and main entrance.
- The kitchen entrance is 840cm from the main entrance to living space.
- The doors are 81cm wide and the lock is 105cm from ground level.
- There is immediately an 81cm wide door from the main lobby in to the living room.
Kitchen and Laundry
- The kitchen is a distance of 840cm from the front door.
- The worktop and appliance are at a height of 90cm and the light switch is at a height of 120cm.
- The floor is tiled.
- The boiler is sited in the kitchen with controls for heating and water.
- This has a tiled floor with rug.
- Tea and coffee making facilities available at a height of 76cm.
- There is a 3 seater sofa at a height of 37cm and two tub chairs 42cm high.
- The steps leading to the mezzanine are from this area.
- Patio doors 66cm wide each lead out to the garden with a step down to the patio of 9cm.
- The door width in to the shower room is 81cm wide.
- The corner sink is at a height of 85cm
- There is a step up to the shower tray of 14cm with the step up over the shower tray another 14cm.
- A guest computer is available on a work unit 65cm high with adjustable office chair.
- An outside door leads in to this room and is 81cm wide with a step up of 15cm.
- A folding door leads in to the study from the living area with the half width 56cm. Whilst this door can be opened to full width the TV and DVD player would create an obstacle.
- The floor is tiled.
- The door leading in to the downstairs bedroom is 81cm and there is also external door access with a step of 15cm.
- The floor is wood with a rough pile rug.
- Tea and coffee making facilities on table 46cm high.
- The double bed is accessible from the left side only and is 40cm high.
- Bunk bed with ladder over double bed.
- The main light switch for this room is on the left of the outside double door 1m from bedroom door.
- Bedroom lamps available for double bed and bunk bed.
- The door leading in to the downstairs toilet is 59cm wide.
- The sink is 80cm high.
- The floor is tiled.
- There are steep steps with a handrail leading up to the mezzanine.
- There is restricted head height either side of this room with standing height of 225cm in the centre.
- The floor is carpet.
- There are two bean bags in the relaxation area.
- The super king size bed is 56cm high with two bedside tables of the same height.
- Access around the bottom of the bed to the right side has restricted head height.
- Bedside lamps available for both sides of the bed.
Garden and Beyond
- Guests have a private area of garden and patio around the back of The Annex.
- Guests with a dog must supervise their pet in the garden area at all times.
- Tables and chairs are provided along with garden games and BBQ.
- A stream runs at the back of the garden and there is a step leading to this stream but no access to the field.
- No access is permitted to the tree house.
- Bike storage is available in the shed and a key will be provided if this is required.
- Bike washing facilities are available from an outside tap in the courtyard of The Annex by the side of the Schoolhouse conservatory.
- The Taff Trail runs immediately outside the property and the Brecon and Monmouthshire Canal with towpath is only 200m away.
- A village shop and Post Office is just over the canal lift bridge only 300m from the property.
- A selection of 4 pubs are walking distance from the property.
- We are happy to rearrange furniture to suit needs.
- Assistance dogs welcome.
- Mobile phone reception is not strong.
- We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment or medical supplies. Please let us know.
- The Annex is fitted with smoke alarms.
- In the event of a fire the smoke alarms will ring.
- All external doors have a spare key by them for quick escape in the event of an emergency. Please do not remove these keys.
- There is a constant supply of hot water and the heating can be set to suit guests needs as requested.
- All bed linen is cotton and duvets and pillows are non feather and down.
- Local tourist information and maps are available in the kitchen.
- The Guest Information Book in the living room has all emergency numbers and information on where to eat locally, markets, shops and hire companies.
- The owners live in the property directly adjacent to The Annex and the site is occupied all the time.